Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Getting to grips with Mark Warner

On the first morning of my Mark Warner Fam Trip to Levante, charged with the task of getting to know and understand the MW brand, I somewhat tentatively shuffled down to the tennis courts with the aim of signing up to one of the courses on offer. I hadn’t played in years but I’d heard great things about Mark Warner’s tennis courses, and after some introductory talks by Josh, Craig and Sam I relaxed and thought, this is it, Wimbledon’s looking likely.

Or not. Turns out I’m rusty, very rusty. I’m less Maria Sharapova and more Maria Heads-Up-It’s-Coming-Over. So it was with crushed dreams of Centre Court in my head that I turned up to my first group lesson with Craig the next morning, but after 4 days of excellent coaching and some additional social court time, I found myself back in the game and having a great time. I did still find the time to try out the sun-loungers though...we athletes do need to rest you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home