Wednesday, September 17, 2008

World of the Vikings


‘Because he was a classicist!’ are the first words I heard as I joined the intellectual glitterati in the cocktail bar onboard Minerva as we left Dover behind bound for Bergen. Smile and nod, I told myself. And drink… a lot. I made sure to schedule as many activities as possible to keep myself busy and away from the bar.

The gym was, as expected, empty, and after my morning work out, I made sure to go and reserve my spot for the 11:30 lecture on the ‘World of the Vikings’. There wasn’t much time to reflect on the fact that lectures were a good excuse for a mid-morning nap, because it was already 12:10 and time for a delicious buffet-style lunch on the veranda. And so it continued and before I knew it, it was time for the gala dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home